I have been testing out having some zero waste products and, how to reuse some products. I have not become 100% zero waste yet but, I am working my way toward that way of living. I have a mix of items I have found super useful when slowly transitioning to a zero waste friendly lifestyle. If you have more tips for me let me know in the comments below.
- Essential Oils: I use them for everything! I don't use perfume or, body spray I traded them for healthy essentials oils that do not have anything extra in them. It can be used to make your cleaner smell fantastic. Oh, and, I put tea tree oil in my shampoo to help with dry scalp. Each oil can be used in a different way if you make your own soaps and, lotions. Tea tree oil just happens to be what I use a lot because it is prevents bacteria and, has an extreme amount of health benefits.
- White Vinegar & Baking Soda: You can clean basically anything with white vinegar and baking soda. I am switching over all of my harmful/chemical products to chemical free, cheap and, effective homemade.
- Don't throw Away Those Orange Peels: Oranges are not only yummy to eat and, drink but, they are great to make cleaning products with. That is when the vinegar comes in handy! I have a jar of vinegar and, orange peels get ready to become natural cleaners. You can also, compost the orange peels so, either way you are using the entire orange; now that is the kin of stuff I like to see all the time and, not waste.
- Mesh Bags: I recently got these they are for you to put your produce in. No more plastic bags you, don't need them and, it is such a waste. Let's save our landfills. If you are good at forgetting things always keep them in your purse which, is what I do. I never forget them and, always feel great when I take them out to put my produce in.
- Bulk Nuts: I buy most items in bulk and, I make sure to buy my cashews in bulk. I am trying not to consume too much almond milk because of how much water is needed. I want to start making my own cashew milk because it is my favorite and, it looks pretty easy to make! I also, buy medjool dates in bulk, charcoal, and, arrowroot powder. My goal is to make almost everything myself.
- Soap Nuts: If you have never heard of these hold the phone! It can be used as laundry detergent, dish washing, all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, shampoo, body & face wash, insect/mosquito repellent, shampoo for pets, cleaning jewelry and, you can even wash your car! It is absolutely amazing cleaner and, you can add some essential oils to it as well.
- Food Planning: Yes, this is a given but, most of America including me has wasted or, thrown out food that went bad. This is a problem I want to 100% eliminate from happening. If you make a least and, have one day where you dedicate to making your meals for the week you will be so much happier that your waste of food was eliminated. Do not forget to utilize your freezer, if you are making man items like soup etc. it can get to be too much and, if you make enough you can save some for the next week. It is a win, win!
I hope you all enjoyed getting some info on products that are a must for me! I have a few things to test that I just received so, don't worry I have plenty more videos coming your way!
Have an enlightening and adventurous day,