Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Screened: I Love Dick (Amazon Prime Original Series)

Odd                                                       Humorous                                                 Alluring
 Season 1 Pilot

 When I first scrolled through to see what to screen for my Screened addition blog post I hopped onto Amazon Prime as they have some killer Originals. The first thing I see is a bullet like lipstick case with a smeared streak of lipstick running across the screen and, the title " I Love Dick." Naturally, I was curious to see what the show was actually about. I didn't read the description or reviews, I just pressed play. From the moment the show began I knew it was going to be a bit strange but, I found it alluring and continued to watch. As this middle aged couple made their way to Texas you could feel the underline tension of their relationship beginning to unravel. After we ( the audience) meets Dick his character is cunning and, abrasive. The letters written to Dick are out of spite but, also a release from the sexual frustration of the female main character. Dear Dick..... The humor is not misplaced in this psychedelic and odd portrayal of each letter and, how the female main character interprets each encounter with Dick. The Director and filmmaker work well to capture an elusive reality within each scene.  

Have an enlightening and, adventurous day,
 allie  





No comments:

Post a Comment