I felt like writing a bit of a motivational speech for you all part of my motivational Mondays. This is new so it may take me a couple of posts to define what, "Motivational Monday," really is. I watched a movie the other day and, it really inspired me to write a little something to hopefully get you all thinking, moving and, motivated through life! Please let me know if there is a motivational topic that you want me to cover in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more motivational Mondays!
Have an enlightening and adventurous day,
Friday, March 17, 2017
- Get rid of clutter and items you don't love
- Take one day to tackle one room
- make a list of what you need
- get sustainable items that will last for years
- Resell on ebay, Moms on a budget, Craigs list etc..
- Repeat until you have gone through every room
- I hope you are happy when you walk into each room and, some items have a memory or, story to go with them
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
I am back from my beautiful, adventures and, scenic trip to Arizona! This trip was a bit tricky to pack because we were going from hot Phoenix, AZ to Cold Grand Canyon. Yes, there was ice and snow on the ground at the Grand Canyon and, it snowed over night while we were there. We did not hike down the mountain but, we saw almost the entire South Rim of the Grand canyon. If you follow my travel Instagram Forever Seeking Wanderlust you would have seen some incredible pictures of my trip. So, we were packing for pretty warm weather and, then cold weather. If you are trying to pack for a plane you know it is hard to figure out what to bring with you. I did over pack but, I did a pretty good job picking exactly what I was going to wear. I went with a backpack, carry on and, a bigger bag for my luggage.
- Shoes: One Pair Of Sneakers, Hiking Shoes, Sandals and, shoes I wore on the plan slip on loafers. I ended up wearing each of these shoes multiple times. I felt I packaged exactly what I needed in shoes and, did not over pack.
- Tops: I wore every shirt shirt I brought as expect one as, I packed enough shirts for 7 days. So, I could have left that shirt behind.
- Bottoms: There are two pairs I did not end up wearing which were a skort and, shorts. I could have avoided bringing them because they weren't necessary.
- I brought earrings and, a ring that I wore almost everyday.
- All of the toiletries I used
- All Of The electronics I used
- I also, used both of my bathing suits
- All socks and, underwear were used
- One dress was not used
- Clean every piece of clothing you own including socks and, underwear
- Evaluate what the weather is going to be like- You can check this on the weather channel app on your phone so, you can see the weather pattern leading up to your trip and, get alerts if the weather changes.
- Get everything together you want to pack and, make outfits. Clothing can always be cleaned so, put together only the amount of outfits necessary for the trip. This includes jewelry, shoes and, accessories.
- Toiletries can be tricky but, if you plan on checking your luggage have a little travel bag for all your toiletries to go into. Do not over pack your makeup you only need what you are going to use.
- Download books or movies onto your electronic device. Lugging a book or, DVD with you is too much of inconvenience and, will not leave you with enough room for other essentials.
- You should pack snacks and, bring food with you. It usually cost money to get food on the plane so, bringing a sandwich with you or, snack can save you from spending a lot.
- Bring headphones to listen to your device.
- One thing I never go to the airport without is a water bottle that you can reuse that is not filled. You can fill it up at the water fountain and you don't have to waste a plastic bottle or, like $4.
Please let me know if you have any topics you's like me to write about in the comments below and, I will get to them as soon as possible.
Have an enlightening and adventurous day,
Monday, March 13, 2017
I have been testing out having some zero waste products and, how to reuse some products. I have not become 100% zero waste yet but, I am working my way toward that way of living. I have a mix of items I have found super useful when slowly transitioning to a zero waste friendly lifestyle. If you have more tips for me let me know in the comments below.
- Essential Oils: I use them for everything! I don't use perfume or, body spray I traded them for healthy essentials oils that do not have anything extra in them. It can be used to make your cleaner smell fantastic. Oh, and, I put tea tree oil in my shampoo to help with dry scalp. Each oil can be used in a different way if you make your own soaps and, lotions. Tea tree oil just happens to be what I use a lot because it is prevents bacteria and, has an extreme amount of health benefits.
- White Vinegar & Baking Soda: You can clean basically anything with white vinegar and baking soda. I am switching over all of my harmful/chemical products to chemical free, cheap and, effective homemade.
- Don't throw Away Those Orange Peels: Oranges are not only yummy to eat and, drink but, they are great to make cleaning products with. That is when the vinegar comes in handy! I have a jar of vinegar and, orange peels get ready to become natural cleaners. You can also, compost the orange peels so, either way you are using the entire orange; now that is the kin of stuff I like to see all the time and, not waste.
- Mesh Bags: I recently got these they are for you to put your produce in. No more plastic bags you, don't need them and, it is such a waste. Let's save our landfills. If you are good at forgetting things always keep them in your purse which, is what I do. I never forget them and, always feel great when I take them out to put my produce in.
- Bulk Nuts: I buy most items in bulk and, I make sure to buy my cashews in bulk. I am trying not to consume too much almond milk because of how much water is needed. I want to start making my own cashew milk because it is my favorite and, it looks pretty easy to make! I also, buy medjool dates in bulk, charcoal, and, arrowroot powder. My goal is to make almost everything myself.
- Soap Nuts: If you have never heard of these hold the phone! It can be used as laundry detergent, dish washing, all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, shampoo, body & face wash, insect/mosquito repellent, shampoo for pets, cleaning jewelry and, you can even wash your car! It is absolutely amazing cleaner and, you can add some essential oils to it as well.
- Food Planning: Yes, this is a given but, most of America including me has wasted or, thrown out food that went bad. This is a problem I want to 100% eliminate from happening. If you make a least and, have one day where you dedicate to making your meals for the week you will be so much happier that your waste of food was eliminated. Do not forget to utilize your freezer, if you are making man items like soup etc. it can get to be too much and, if you make enough you can save some for the next week. It is a win, win!
I hope you all enjoyed getting some info on products that are a must for me! I have a few things to test that I just received so, don't worry I have plenty more videos coming your way!
Have an enlightening and adventurous day,
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Located on 20 W Adams St, Phoenix, AZ 85003 is a treasure. To my delight there was a vegan restaurant in downtown Phoenix. Of course, I had to stop in for dinner and, it may be the best vegan restaurant I have eaten at so far. It was very different from other vegan restaurants that I have been to with a Thai themed menu. Eager to try everything I really had a problem deciding on what to order. The aroma in the air was making my mouth water and, I really wanted to
know what I was smelling. In the end I chose a yellow curry and, I was really going out on a limb because I have only had curry once in my life. Turns out all I need was an adventurous palette because the yellow curry was divine. I will forever crave this sweet and, delectable curry.
The faux chicken was a nice added touch with potatoes and, veggies. The whole dish overall would curb any cravings you may have. The curry could replace a dessert it was sweet and, satisfying. We had spring rolls as an appetizer which tasted very good with the sauces but, be careful they are a bit messy. If you are looking for a dessert you will think about for weeks to come don't worry they have it; sweet purple rice with whole mango, you have not lived until you try this. The rice and, sauce resemble a rice pudding while, the mango adds an extra sweet element. I have never had a dessert like this so, rice pudding is the closest I can find as a comparison. I also, tried the green curry and, if you have a spicy hankering this is dead on. My dad got his green curry medium spicy and, it was spicy! Just a far warning
for those who aren't too keen on having a firey mouth. I had my yellow curry at a medium spicy and, it tasted great. I don't think you could go wrong choosing a dish on their menu. The atmosphere is chill and, they bring out the food super fast, that is not a joke my food came out in about five minutes. A great stop on your lunch break for a quick lunch before you have to get back to work. Please let me know in the comments if you have any vegan restaurants in N.J. that you want me review. I will be going to Hawaii in October so, shoot me some recommendations for the Big Island and, Hana.
Have an enlightening and adventurous day,
Friday, March 10, 2017
I'm back from Arizona and, I have a few tips I found helpful while hiking. I am not an expert when it comes to hiking but, I learned a few things when it comes to hiking in AZ. It is not a flat or paved area in most places where you will hike. There are lots of rocks which, can be hard to walk on and step inclines. I thoroughly enjoyed our hike and, here are my 5 tips!
- Read The Trail Signs: Here in N.J. it is common to go walking in a park but, in A.Z. you have to make sure you read the signs before you go on the hike. Figure out which trail you will be able follow and, proceed to the trail. You can also, read about heat exhaustion and, to be aware if you aren't feeling well turn around and, head back to the main area.
- Bring A Backpack: You should e wearing breathable clothing, hiking shoes and, a hat before your backpack even hits your shoulders. Hiking shoes are a must you will fall or, slide without them on. Your backpack doesn't have to be large however, it should include sunscreen, two-three water bottles and, a few snacks. All of this will be important if you are hiking a long way or, if you have low blood pressure. You may not realize how many calories you are burning and, how much you are actually losing when it comes to sweat. In Arizona I did not sweat anywhere close to how much I do in N.J. It can be deceiving and, you may become dehydrated without even being aware. When you are half way done with your water you should head back to the main building where the trail started. Passing out from heat exhaustion or, dehydration is not fun. It is also, very dry so, you will be very thirsty. So, stay hydrated.
- Bring A Friend: You really should not go hiking alone. It can be dangerous if you do en up getting sick or, go to far there may not be someone to help you. It is also, a safety precaution because you don't know who is going to be on the trail. If you don't bring someone with you be sure to make someone aware of your location and, keep in touch with them on the trail ( I had service and, was able to text without a problem).
- Watch Out For Bikers: There are bikers on the trail and, you want to make sure you stay out of their way because they can run you over. All of them are traveling at a speed that may be difficult for them to make a sudden stop. They were polite and, said thank you for moving. If you are wearing headphones keep one ear available to hear for bikers, snakes etc...
- Don't go off the trail: If you are not from Arizona you may not be aware of how much danger could come your way be diverting from the trail. It is also, a disrespectful thing to do as they are trying to conserve their land. Not only can wildlife harm you but, plants can as well... If you are near this certain cactus and move to close the whole part of the plant will launch at you. Have fun getting those spikes out of your leg. Respect the trails stay on them, they were put there for a reason.